SKILLS IN GLANCE
- Server OS: Cent OS 6/7; Windows Server 2008, 2012.
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi 4/5; vCenter.
- Mail Servers: Postfix, SpamAssassin.
- Web servers/Hosting platforms: Apache, Nginx, IIS 7/8, Plesk.
- Internet and networking: DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPN (Cisco, Windows).
- Monitoring: NewRelic, Opmanager, Nagious, Cacti, Syslog-ng + logcheck.
- Streaming/Messaging: Kafka, Confluent platform, MSMQ.
- Automation: Ansible.
- Servers: Dell Power Edges; IBM x Series.
- SAN: Equallogic PS Series, Promise.
- Networking: Cisco ASA 55xx; F5 BIG-IP 11/12; HP Procurve 5400, 4200 series, 2810.
Some recent projects:
- Successful migration of production HA BIG-IP pair from v10 to v11
- SSL termination on BIG-IP, enforcement for all customers, A+ rating on SSLLabs
- Failover configuration between two Cisco ASAs in production environment.
- Smooth migration of production ASA to v9 on new equipment.
- DR site setup, DR plan and regular testing.
- Automating server deployments with Ansible – Postfix, Kafka, Solr, BIG-IP.
- Designed and configured Postfix mail clusters for incoming and outgoing emails.
03.2013 – present, IGLOO Inc., Kitchener, ON, Canada
Senior network and systems administrator
- Support of highly available production environment – new deployments, troubleshooting and scaling.
- Day-to-day operations of Linux and Windows servers, including domain controllers, web, ftp, MSSQL.
- Change management and root cause analysis.
- Capacity planning, architectural design decisions.
- Work closely with F5 load balancers, Cisco routers, HP switches and Dell SANs.
- Monitoring, alerting and capacity analysis.
- On-call 24/7 rotation.
05.2010 – 03.2013, eSolutions Group, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Network administrator, Senior Network administrator
- Replacements, upgrades and day-to-day operations of MS Windows 2003/2008 and Linux servers, including domain controllers, web, ftp, MSSQL, Exchange and Sharepoint servers.
- Deployment of servers and workstations in VMWare and HyperV.
- Support of production environment (more than 200 collocation servers).
- Sharepoint deployments – small and large server farms.
- Support of external, internal and data center customers, on-site services.
- Network planning, design, new deployments and upgrades, troubleshooting.
10.2008 – 04.2010, IGLOO Inc., Kitchener, ON, Canada
Network and systems administrator
- Network support (office, lab. and prod.): deployments, upgrades, troubleshooting
- Desktops (60-70 users), servers (around 100 incl. VMs), hardware support
- Dell SANs, F5 load balancers, Cisco routers, HP switches
- Phone server support (Asterisk); RT (ticketing system) – user support
- Opmanager, syslog – monitoring; McAfee EPO administration; Script logic (patch management)
04.2008 – 10.2008, TeqDirect, Cambridge, ON, Canada
06.2003 – 01.2008, Representation of SKF Eurotrade, Kiev, Ukraine
System administrator, IT support
CERTIFICATIONS AND EXAMS
MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCA-DCV, F5-CA
2015 – VMware vCenter Cookbook, ISBN: 9781783553976
2013 – Implementing VMware vCenter Server, ISBN: 1849689989
2016 – Confluent Operations Training for Apache Kafka
2016 – Configuring BIG-IP ASM v12.x
2016 – Configuring BIG-IP AFM v12.x
2016 – H8D08S: Deploying HP FlexCampus Technologies for ProVision Based Devices
2014 – Troubleshooting BIG-IP LTM v11
2014 – Configuring BIG-IP LTM v11
2010 – Dell Equallogic PS Series Advanced Features
2007 – Six Sigma Green Belt training (project: Improvement of speed and quality of inquiry handling process in SKF Ukraine)
2000 – 2006 National Technical University of Ukraine «Kiev Polytechnic Institute», faculty of Physics and Techniques sciences.
Bachelor: Information protection in computer networks and systems
Stained glass, AiKiDo